Working with the community to move and preserve our 1929 Northern Pacific Railroad depot.
Our 1929 Spanish style Northern Pacific Railroad depot is under threat of demolition. You can help us to move the depot building from railroad property to a new location in downtown and give this unique piece of Cheney’s history a new life.
- For nearly one hundred years the railroad station served as the gateway to our city.
- There is no other depot like this one, anywhere. The depot is something iconic and uniquely, Cheney.
- Its layout is versatile, it can easily serve contemporary uses.
- Saving the building is a green investment. Let’s not waste the labor of those local men and the materials that went into the building.
- It makes dollar sense to reuse rather than demolish and build new.